Full Time Lead Cook
Are you looking to work for a company that shares your passion? Would you like to grow your career in the exciting hospitality industry? Then the NAV CENTRE is the place for you! Take the opportunity to work for a company that invests in its employees and their rising career path.
The NAV CENTRE is seeking dynamic individuals to fill the role of Lead Cook in Cornwall, Ontario.
3-5 years of related cooking experience.
Food Safety Certification.
- Provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Positive demeanor and approach.
- Delegate station responsibilities to the second cooks and prep cooks.
- Lead by example when assigning, training or completing tasks
- Be able to answer any recipe and production questions
- Review “Count Report” and base production needs accordingly
- Complete “Prep & Pull” lists and pull items as needed
- Responsible for quality assurance, by ensuring safe, quality food products are maintained at all times
- Implements and maintains all standards set by Sodexo policy
- Follows menus, recipes, methods and specifications as directed by corporate policy and Executive Chef
- Maintain menu and food quality established by Executive Chef
- Follows all HACCP procedures & regulations for food quality and safety
- Constantly strives to upgrade the food quality and presentation and establish the necessary controls that will assure a high level of quality and consistency
- Follows up to ensure that all food outlets, buffets, action stations, and food displays are maintained for creativity, quality, cleanliness and food safety
- Responsible for ensuring storing procedures are properly followed
- Controls food waste and ensures unused food is returned to the storeroom on a daily basis
- Enforces “clean as you go” work habits
- Monitors, and encourages safe work standards and alerts supervisors on duty of any dangerous or unsafe places in the work area
- Enforces proper uniform procedures according to Sodexo standards
- May take inventory, and/or enter inventory into the production.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Executive Chef and Sous Chef.
Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
Requires complete knowledge of kitchen equipment.
Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised.
Involved with the more complex requirements of the position.
Applies advanced cooking skills.
Applies advanced knife skills.
Adapts procedures, processes, tools, equipment and techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
Substantial working knowledge of food preparation.
The NAV CENTRE is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the industry. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and energetic environment focused on meeting excellence.
We offer employees a competitive remuneration package, along with benefits and exciting work perks, such as a fitness membership for your family. Our management team is committed to growing our team professionally and personally; offering many training and development opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The NAV CENTRE is committed to employment equity and diversity and we also welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. We believe that a culture of innovation and excellence is created by the mix of backgrounds, ideas and perspectives that can be found in a diverse and inclusive workforce.
We thank you for your application, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
About the NAV CENTRE
The NAV CENTRE offers an all-inclusive getaway experience for a diverse range of world-class event possibilities – from business meetings and conferences, to public receptions and private celebrations. As the largest hotel and conference centre in Eastern Ontario, we are committed to meeting excellence and can customize our packages to suit any occasion; offering our guests a delectable fusion of elegance, leisure and comfort.