Come Experience Cornwall
Nestled into the shores of the St. Lawrence River, Cornwall offers a world of possibilities coupled with our signature small-town charm. Whether you’re looking to explore the outdoors, learn about some of the history that started Ontario, or experience some exciting events, Cornwall has something for you!
Come experience all the exciting attractions that Cornwall and the area has to offer!
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino: Try your luck at the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino.
- Upper Canada Village: To tour Upper Canada Village is to travel back in time to the 1860s. The village has numerous seasonal events and activities, such as Alight at Night and PumpkInferno.
- Historical SDG Jail: Originally built in 1833, the Historical SDG Jail offers a spooky glimpse into the past. Get locked up and learn about the inmates that spent their time behind bars!
- St. Raphael’s Ruins: Visit the National Historical Site of one of the earliest Roman Catholic churches in English-speaking Canada. Consumed by fire in 1970, the outer walls with its impressive masonry still stand today.
- OPG Visitor Centre: Ontario Power Generation’s St. Lawrence Power Development Visitor Centre offers 13,000 square feet of fun and is a great outing for students and families.
- Prehistoric World: Experience the dinosaurs in their natural habitat! Prehistoric World features many dinosaur reproductions in a natural setting to add to the realistic feel.
- Rush Hour Escapes: Work in groups of 2-8 to find clues and solve puzzles to escape before time runs out!
- Cornwall Community Museum: Learn about the unique history that has shaped Cornwall and the area.
- Cornwall Sports Hall of Fame: The Sports Hall of Fame, with over 250 notable inductees, was created to celebrate the heritage of sport in the Cornwall Community.
- Lost Villages Museum: The museum features moved and restored heritage buildings from the Lost Villages.
ARTS AND CULTURE
- Cline House Gallery: The Gallery features a regular rotation of exhibits by established and emerging Canadian Artists.
- Cailuan Gallery: Cailuan Gallery features a wide range of classes and art workshops.
- Aultsville Theatre: Located at St. Lawrence College, Aultsville Theatre features a variety of performing arts events throughout the year.
- Upper Canada Playhouse: Located in a former toothbrush and argyle sock factory, check out this intimate theatre each season for a new production!
With some incredibly talented Chefs from the area, Cornwall has someone-of-a-kind dining experiences available. Whether you’re looking for a fresh lunch, a delectable dining experience or a bite of that famous Cornwall pizza, we have so many options to offer!
Outdoor + Recreation
Experience the Canadian outdoors at its finest! Situated along the picturesque St. Lawrence River, Cornwall has some stunning outdoor spaces that offer an incredible chance to get outside.
We offer ‘stay and play’ golf packages to a variety of golf courses are located just minutes from the NAV CENTRE.
- Cornwall Golf and Country Club, one of Canada’s oldest private golf courses
- Summerheights Golf Course
- Upper Canada Golf Course
- Archie’s Family Golf Centre
Cornwall and the surrounding area has many beautiful trails and waterfront paths, many of which can be accessed right outside the NAV CENTRE. All Trails maintains a listing of recreational trails you can find in our area. Don’t forget that NAV Fit offers bike rentals to guests!
The Benson Centre is Cornwall’s newest recreation facility, offering three NHL-sized rinks, an indoor field house and indoor court(s) for tennis, pickleball and badminton.
Built in 2005, the Cornwall Curling Club is an exceptional facility with 6 sheets of ice. The Shorty Jenkins Classic is hosted at the facility each September, bringing the top curlers in the world to Cornwall.
CORNWALL MOTOR SPEEDWAY
Located northwest of the city, the Cornwall Motor Speedway is a 1/4 mile dirt track that hosts Sunday evening races throughout the summer. Weekly race classes include modified, sportsman, pro stock, semi pro and mini stock.
BEACHES, PICNIC AREAS and PARKS
- Lamoureux Park
- Mille Roches Beach and Picnic Area
- Woodlands Beach and Picnic Area
- Cornwall Waterfront Trail
OTHER OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
- Gray’s Creek Conservation Area
- Bird Sanctuary
- Boating and sailing
- Kayaking and canoeing
- Scuba Diving
- Cross-country skiing
- Ice fishing
- Big Ben Ski Centre
- We are also centrally-located with some other larger Ski Resorts, including: Titus Mountain, Mont Rigaud, Camp Fortune, Saint Sauveur and Mount Pakenham.
Local Events + Tourism
There are many fun and exciting local events that take place in the Cornwall and surrounding area. The NAV CENTRE hosts many of these unique events right here on site. Please visit our Upcoming Events page for more information.
To gather more information about other events happening in the area, please visit the following resources: