Tickets Now Available for the Wonderful World of Whisky Show
December 16, 2019
Cornwall, ON —If you love settling down to an evening with a warm armchair and a glass of golden liquid – rejoice – the Wonderful World of Whisky Show is back for a fourth installment.
“Dozens of tickets were sold on the first day of sales,” says event organizer Ian Bentley. “If you thought about waiting… think again. We will sell out long before March comes around.”
The 2020 version of the show runs March 26-28 at the NAV CENTRE.
As in past years, the spacious ballroom at NAV CENTRE will be transformed into a world of tents – each with their own theme. Attendees will be able to sample over 150 whiskies, while enjoying live music and an array of unforgettable open-fire cooking. This show is set to exceed expectations once again!
“We are so very fortunate to have an amazing group of people who each year make the Show a world-class experience,” says Mr. Bentley. “The show is a celebration of a centuries old art form, with equal doses of fun, education and fine companionship.”
As the reputation grows, the Wonderful World of Whisky Show is able to attract some of the top distillers in the world. The 2020 event will welcome dozens of industry experts, including the following special guests:
- George Grant – Glenfarcas Distillery
- John MacDonald – Balblair Distillery Manager
- Ned Gahan – Master Distiller for Waterford Distillery
- Julianne Fernandez – Blender and Spirit Quality Analyst for Distell
- Mike Brisebois – North American Brand Ambassador Distell
- Cameron Millar – Portfolio Ambassador Edrington
- Joshua Beach – Master Distiller Wayne Gretzky Distillery
- Elizabeth Havers – Brand Ambassador – Glenfiddich
- Jamie Johnson – Brand Ambassador for The Balvenie
- Bryan Simpson – National Brand Ambassador for Ardberg and Glenmorangie
- Ray Daniel – Beam Suntory Bourbon Ambassador
- Taylor Corrigan – Canadian Brand Ambassador for Woodford Reserve and Old Forester
- Chris Thompson – Forty Creek
- Stuart Brown – National Whisky Consultant
- Tim Farrell- Heaven Hill National Brand Ambassador
- Brent Vanderveen – BarChef Project
- Mark Gillespie -@whiskycast
- Davin De Kergommeaux
- Richard Urquhart- Gordon & MacPhail Head of Sales-Americas
- Bill Somerville- Canadian Brand Ambassador for Gordon and McPhail
- Miles Thompson- Sales Director for International Beverage Holdings -Latin America and Caribbean
In addition to attending the Show itself, participants can sign up for over 30 different master classes where a whisky ambassador will explore the nuances of a different brand or line of whiskies. There are also special dinners on Thursday and Friday night where whiskies are pared with a unique meal. Tickets to the master classes and the dinners are sold separately and are now on sale.
Article by Bob Peters, Choose Cornwall